In common language Systemic Lupus Erthematosus (SLE) is known as chronic, inflammatory auto immune disorder which affects the skin, joints, kidneys and other organs.
SLE is an auto immune disease which causes problem with the body’s normal immune response; the immune system help protects the body from harmful substances. The patient with an auto immune disease normally cannot distinguish between harmful substances and healthy ones, which results is an overactive immune response by attacking the healthy cells and tissue and lead to chronic inflammation.
The root cause of auto immune disease is not fully known as yet. According to researchers assumptions the auto immune disease occur after effecting an organism that look like certain proteins in the body. The proteins are later mistaken for the organism and wrongly targeted for attack by the body’s immune system. SLE mostly effects with women as compared to men.
It may occur at any age, but normally appears between the age of 10 and 50 years. Normally it is noticed that African, Americans and Asians are affected more as compared to other Nations
Symptoms vary from person to person which may come and go. The condition may affect one organ or some time even the body system at first, other parts of body may be affected later. Some people may have joint pain and mostly develop arthritis knees.. Symptoms are
- Arthritis/Joint pain and swelling
- General discomfort/ill feeling (malaise)
- Muscle aches
- Nausea vomiting
- Pleurisy cause chest pain
- Sensitivity to sunlight
- Skin rash (a “butterfly rash over the checks and nose, the rash gets worse in sunlight)
- Swollen glands
- Abdominal pain
- Blood disorder including blood clots
- Blood in the urine and Nose bleed
- Fingers that change color upon pressure /in the cold
- Hair loss and Mouth sores
- Red spot on skin and skin color is patchy
- Visual disturbance
- No proper cure could be found for SLE .Normally the treatment is basically focused by the controlling the symptoms. Mild disease that involves a rash, headaches, fever and arthritics. pleurisy which require little therapy. Non steroidal anti inflammatory medications are also used to treat arthritis and pleurisy. A corticosteroids cream is normally used to treat Skin rashes. An anti malaria drug called hydroxyl chloroquine and low dose cerotic steroids are also prescribed something for skin and arthritis symptoms.
- It is advised to wear protective clothing’s, sunglasses and sunscreen when in the sunlight, because deficiency of Vitamin D causes the skin rash. In case of skin disorder it is also advised use of Vitamin C will kept them protected from flu and other contagious illness and Calcium make bones brittle. Smoking also duplets the body’s vitamin C level. Therefore a smoker must be advised to consume extra amount of vitamin C as compared to non smoker patient.
- Regular use of anti stress foods help preventing lupus flares.
Life style changes:
- To overcome chronic stress, loneliness and despair plus simple life changing techniques to bring back the joy in life where there is no pain and sorrow.
- Dramatically of reduction of fatigue boost energy level in few minutes and the patient can enjoy family, friends and daily activities.
- Regular use of proper green leafy vegetable, salada, frits and dairy products also help multi dimensionally.
- Control of painful lupus flares with specific ‘anti flare’ techniques keep out of pain ,out of hospital and the patient may live a normal life.