Dandruff is the peeling of dead skin from your head at a rapid rate. Skin cells are often shed from the skin surface but they are too small to be visible. However, dandruff is shedding of skin cells from scalp in larger aggregates. Dandruff causes accumulation of toxins on the scalp and thus it could also lead to hair loss. Causes of dandruff are not known for sure. What is confirmed is that dandruff is not communicable. Merely using a comb used by person with heavy dandruff is not going to infect you.
Another myth is that dandruff formation is more in oily scalp. This is not true and removing oil from scalp does not decrease the formation of dandruff. Almost everyone has suffered from this problem one time or the other, to a certain extent. People who suffer from a higher degree of dandruff will experience itch on thescalp . If it is scratched causes further damage to it. Dandruff may be caused by a number of factors, chief among them being hormonal imbalance, excessive perspiration, allergic reactions, excessive stress, poor hygiene, poor nutrition/health and lack proper sleep. Extreme conditions of heat or cold can also cause dandruff. Though dandruff is known as the drying ofscalp, it is very common among people with oily hair.
The scales from the scalp fall
When the hair is combed or brushed, or when the scalp is scratched, the scales from the scalp fall like snowflakes and settle on the eye brows, shoulders, and clothes. These scales sometimes appear as lumps or crusts on the scalp. Itching is there and scalp may become red Often there is itching as well and the scalp may become red from scratching.
Impairment of general health, wrong food intake, constipation
The main causes of dandruff are impairment of general health, development of a toxic condition mainly due to taking of wrong foods, constipation, and a low vitality due to infectious diseases.Emotional tension, harsh shampoos, general exhaustion.Other factors contributing to this disorder are emotional tension, harsh shampoos, exposure to cold, and general exhaustion.
Dandruff treatment using Fenugreek Seeds
The use of fenugreek seeds is one of the most important remedies in the treatment of dandruff. Two tablespoons of these seeds should be soaked overnight in water and ground into a fine paste in the morning. This paste should be applied all over the scalp and left for half an hour. The hair should then be washed thoroughly with soap-nut (ritha) solution or acacia concinna.
Dandruff treatment using Lime
The use of a teaspoon of fresh lime juice for the last rinse, while washing the hair, is another useful remedy. This not only leaves the hair glowing but also removes stickiness and prevents dandruff.
Dandruff treatment using Green Gram Powder
A valuable prescription for removal of dandruff is the use of green gram powder. The hair should be washed twice a week with two tablespoons of this powder mixed with half a cup of curd.
Dandruff treatment using Beet
Beets have been found useful in dandruff. Both tops and roots should be boiled in water and this water should be massaged into the scalp with the finger tips every night. White beet is better for this purpose.
Dandruff treatment using Snake Gourd
The juice of snake gourd has been found beneficial in the prevention and treatment of dandruff. The juice should be rubbed over the scalp for this purpose.
Dandruff treatment using Other Remedies
Dandruff can be removed by massaging the hair for half an hour with curd which has been kept in the open for three days, or with a few drops of lime juice mixed with indian gooseberry juice every night, before going to bed. Another measure which helps to counteract dandruff is to dilute cider vinegar with an equal quantity of water and dab this on to the hair with cotton wool inbetween shampooing. Cider vinegar added to the final rinsing water after shampooing also helps to disperse dandruff.
Best way to rid yourself of dandruff is applying henna. You can mix henna powder, tea essence (black tea) lemon one spoon, curd (3 spoons) vinegar (1 spoon), olive oil (1 spoon), fenugreek powder (1 spoon)egg white, mix together and keep this mixture for the whole night and apply on the hair for the next day. You should start it from root of the hair to the tip of the hair. Leave it for 2-3 hours then wash it without shampoo. The next day wash it with shampoo. If u do this monthly twice. You may get rid of dandruff (u can add margosa and indian gooseberry powder also along with this content).. You have to wash the hair every two days once. Weekly thrice if u do the oil massage is another method to prevent dandruff.
- If your problem is of milder nature, shampooing once a day or twice a day will definitely help in keeping it under control.
- Begin with only milder shampoos only. Stronger shampoos can irritate your hair and make dandruff flaking worse.
- If your regular shampoo is not helpful in getting rid of dandruff, go in for anti-dandruff shampoo and the situation will improve in a couple of weeks.
- Finding the right shampoo for your hair could be a process of trial and error. Try out various shampoos and see which one works best for your hair. Even rotating shampoos often can be good for your hair.
- Once you have discovered an anti-dandruff shampoo that is good for you, keep using it or your dandruff will return in no time.
- While using anti-dandruff shampoos, lather and rinse twice. The first cycle cleans only your scalp and the second cleans scalp and hairs thoroughly.
- Avoid using oil after shampooing as it considerably lowers the affect of shampoos.
- If you have a feeling that your dandruff is a severe case of dandruff, it is better to have an appointment with a dermatologist.
- Poor health or lack of proper diet can cause dandruff. Ensure to get enough sleep and eat safely.
This is a very interesting blog and so i like to visit your blog again and again. Keep it up.