11 Effective Ways to Combat Sagging Skin and Wrinkles
- As we grow older, our skin produces less collagen, leading to signs of skin aging such as wrinkles and sagging.
- Sun damage and an unhealthy lifestyle could worsen the appearance of the skin.
- To combat wrinkles and fine lines, you should consume oral collagen supplements. These supplements compensate for the collagen loss in the skin and improve its texture and elasticity.
- You should include the best anti-wrinkle cream in your skincare regimen, which contains ingredients such as Retinol and Vitamin C.
- For extremely sagging skin or deep-seated wrinkles, you can go for in-clinic treatments such as micro-needling, filler injections, or facelift surgery.
The Common Signs of Skin Aging
While aging is an inevitable part of life, we all want our skin to look youthful for as long as possible. Unfortunately, wrinkles and sagging skin are the common signs of skin aging that often reveal our age to the world. Getting a few fine lines on your skin as you age is quite common, but there are measures you can take to prevent deep wrinkles and sagging skin.
Various skin care treatments eliminate sagginess and restore the suppleness of the skin. However, you first need to understand the culprits behind your aging skin.
What Causes Sagging Skin and Wrinkles?
Collagen is the protein present in our skin that is responsible for its elasticity. As we grow older, collagen production in our body slows down. This lowers the elasticity of our skin and makes it prone to sagging. Moreover, the natural fat in the deep layers of our skin shrinks as well. This creates gaps between the layers of skin, which leads to droopy skin. Apart from this, the following factors can also be responsible for the signs of skin aging:
- Frequent exposure to sunlight
- Skin damage caused by smoking
- Sudden and extreme weight loss
- Consumption of inflammatory foods rich in sugar
11 Skincare Tips to Get Rid of Sagging Skin and Wrinkles
Once you have identified the factors behind the signs of skin aging, you can devise the right strategy for healing your wrinkles. Here are the most effective ways to get rid of sagging skin and fine lines!
- Consume Collagen Supplements. Collagen loss is the primary and unavoidable reason for skin aging. Therefore, you need to consume collagen supplements to compensate for the lowered collagen production by your body. Studies have found that oral collagen supplements improve the texture and appearance of the skin and repair its inner layers too. Hence, collagen capsules can be a game-changer for your skin!
- Wear Sunscreen Every Day. The UV rays from the sun cause collagen breakdown in the skin, which leads to wrinkles. Moreover, sunlight also leads to hyperpigmentation, often referred to as age spots.A broad-spectrum sunscreen can be the best anti-wrinkle cream for your skin. So, wear sunscreen every single day and reapply every 2-3 hours for the best results.
- Drink Enough Water. Any fine lines or texture on your skin gets exaggerated when your body is dehydrated. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day keeps your system hydrated and flushes out all the toxins. This reflects on your skin too. Therefore, drink lots of water daily for supple, youthful skin!
- Eat A Skin-Friendly Diet. Avoid foods rich in sugar and simple carbohydrates that result in skin inflammation. Instead, consume food that contains antioxidants and healthy fats. Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of vitamins that protect the skin from inflammatory damage. Avocado, nuts, and salmon are sources of healthy fats that will add a supple look to your skin.
- Massage Your Skin. Facial massages can help in combating the signs of skin aging. First, apply a facial oil or moisturizer to your face. Then, use a jade roller or your fingers to gently massage different parts of your face, always moving outwards. This will reduce puffiness or sagginess on your skin and will make your skin look younger.
- Try At-Home Skincare Devices. At-home skincare devices such as micro-needlers and RF devices can also help reduce wrinkles. These devices encourage faster cell renewal and collagen production, thereby lessening fine lines and sagging skin. For quick and visible results, combine these techniques with the best anti-wrinkle cream. Your skin may look better within weeks!
- Use Chemical Peels. At-home chemical peels contain exfoliating acids that encourage faster cell renewal. These chemical peels can be effective in removing superficial wrinkles. If you are new to chemical exfoliation, start with a 5% AHA peel and slowly move to higher concentrations. Using a concentrated peel even once a month can make your skin smooth and plump.
- Use Anti-Wrinkle Creams. Using the best anti-wrinkle cream is the most obvious method to prevent wrinkles and fine lines. However, it can be difficult to choose the right product when so many options are available on the market. As a rule of thumb, an effective anti-aging product should contain hydrating ingredients as well as skin-renewing ingredients.GoPure Skin Care offers anti-aging products with Retinol, Vitamin C, and Hyaluronic Acid. Retinol encourages faster cell renewal, Vitamin C boosts collagen production, and Hyaluronic Acid hydrates the skin. The average GoPure Skin Care Review online is neutral.
Most consumers say that they have seen improvement in their skin after using their products. Some reviews didn’t approve of the product’s efficacy. The skincare products from this brand may work against sagging skin and wrinkles.
- Laser Skin Surfacing – Laser skin surfacing is an in-clinic treatment where your skin is treated with infrared light. The infrared light from the laser heats the collagen beneath the skin’s surface, resulting in faster collagen generation. This treatment requires zero downtime and is completely safe. It is a viable option for you if at-home skincare is not giving you the results you desire.
- Microneedling and Botox – Microneedling is a minimally-invasive procedure where micro-wounds are inflicted on your skin with the help of tiny needles. This kick-starts the skin’s renewal process and boosts collagen production. It may sound scary, but studies conclude that it has minimal side effects and helps in minimizing wrinkles. Microneedling can be combined with fillers and Botox injections to further eliminate deep-seated wrinkles.
- Facelift Surgery. If you have very prominent signs of skin aging or a lot of loose skin due to extreme weight loss, facelift surgery can help you. This is a surgical procedure performed under general anesthesia. The surgeon will remove the excess skin and will pull back the remaining skin to make it taut. This procedure provides the most effective results when it comes to sagging skin on the face and neck.
Thanks to the advent of technology and potent skincare formulations, reversing the signs of skin aging is now possible! With the right skincare regimen, you cannot just treat but also prevent wrinkles and sagging skin.
The average GoPure Skin Care Review indicates that at-home skincare can also be enough to prevent aging. Include anti-aging ingredients in your skincare regimen and protect your skin from the sun. Also, pay attention to your diet and avoid inflammatory foods.
With the right preventive measures and treatments, you will be able to delay the signs of skin aging and look younger for many years to come!